The Non-Clinical Solution Analyst (Analyst) is responsible for supporting one or more solutions of a major Cerner implementation and subsequent maintenance and enhancements. They will leverage their business and technical experience in trouble-shooting and resolving solution issues, implementing future solution upgrades/enhancements, identifying opportunities for system or process optimization, and supporting the implementation of new solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Provides ongoing technical support of the assigned solution(s) and serves as the main point of contact to the vendor support teams in communicating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Works with the end-user/department to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues.
- Communicates issues to the vendor per required process, tracks status, documents resolution, and updates system documentation, and when applicable, updates workflows/processes and policies and procedures.
- Follows established change control processes and understands the impact of solution changes to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) or other business information systems in the hospital s network.
- Provides end-user assistance, develops requested reports, and participates with help desk functions.
- Regularly seeks end-user/department feedback and demonstrates to the end-user/department that they incorporated such feedback.
- Provides detailed documentation of all operational and downtime policies and procedures on their assigned solutions as well as troubleshooting documentation for the Help Desk.
B. Implements system upgrades, releases, and enhancements.
- Reads solution(s) and vendor correspondence and communicates impacts to departments.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory requirements and ensures alignment with their assigned solution(s).
- Works with end-users and stakeholders to identify enhancements, develops related technical and user specifications, and tracks requests to the vendor.
- Creates and maintains the schedule for solution releases or upgrades.
- Implements, tests, and validates upgrades, ensuring proper interaction and interfacing with other solutions and systems.
- When applicable, works with the departments to assess the impact of upgrades or enhancements to business workflow/processes.
- Contributes to the redesign of business workflow/processes to ensure alignment to the solution s new features and functions.
- Updates and maintains system documentation and when applicable, documents new business workflow/processes and training materials.
C. Provides technical support to assigned departments in implementing new solutions and optimizing existing solutions.
- Assesses current business workflows/processes and develops recommendations for improvement based on best practices, detailed knowledge of the assigned solution(s) as well a holistic understanding of the solution platform.
- Works with project teams, assigned departments, and vendor to design, configure, test, train and implement their assigned solution(s).
- Documents future state workflow/processes, develops reporting specifications, creates detailed configuration documents, tracks critical design decisions, collects data, and completes other required system documentation.
- Works with the vendor to configure/build the solution per specification and is responsible for ensuring that the build is completed and aligns with configuration documents, regulatory requirements, and future state workflows/processes.
- When applicable, participates in the implementation activities of other project teams such as cross-solution, interfaces, security, data conversion, and reporting teams.
- Contributes to the development of test scenarios, scripts, and test data.
- Participates in the execution of the test plan, resolution of defects, modification to the solution(s), and validation of the solution(s).
- Provides input into the development of training materials and policies and procedures.
- Participates in the planning and execution of conversion and cutover activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed design, build, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following Cerner solutions:
- Enterprise Master Person Index
- Scheduling Management
- Registration Management
- Healthcare Eligibility Inquiry (EEM 270/271)
- 278 Transaction Processing
- Enhanced Medical Necessity Content for Acute Care
- Eligibility and Benefits Management
- Health Information Management
- 3M HIM Encoder/Grouper
- Contract Management
- Patient Accounting, including
- External Claim Editor Status Incoming
- Remittance Incoming
- Statements Outgoing
- Electronic Healthcare Claims
- Electronic Healthcare Claims
- Collections Incoming and Outgoing
- Revenue Cycle Analytics
- Capacity Management
- PowerInsight Explorer
- Crystal Reports
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to plan, manage tasks, and stay on track with the project plan.
- Ability to escalate per process when project deliverables/tasks are at risk.
- Ability to troubleshoot solution specific issues and document outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally with physicians, users, and managers as well as externally with vendors, consultants, etc.
- Ability to train or communicate with groups of people or one-on-one.
- Ability to analyze workflows, recommend improvements, and document such improvements.
- Ability to write detailed technical and user specifications.
- Knowledge of project life cycles and all aspects of software testing (unit, system, integration, user-acceptance, etc.).
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft solutions.
- Knowledge of healthcare business systems and workflows.
- Demonstrated experience in a healthcare provider setting.
- Demonstrated experience with implementation and migrations of assigned Cerner solution(s).
- Demonstrated experience with design, build, testing, and ongoing support of the assigned solution(s), Cerner experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical aspects associated with the respective EHR software.
- Demonstrated experience in re-engineering, automating, and optimizing workflows and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in system documentation, design configuration documentation, workflow/process documentation, and test script creation/validation.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and/or Health Sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Degree or formal training in an area specific to the assigned solution(s) preferred.
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and periodically stressful office environment.
- Ability to tolerate extended periods of sitting, use of keyboard, and viewing of the computer monitor.
- Requires infrequent exposure to biohazards-bloodborne infectious waste to support systems in various hospital clinical areas, which may require the use of PPE.
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.