Technical Support Specialist (positions I, II, or III) is responsible for completing projects and duties as outlined by the Technical Support Supervisor. This includes the troubleshooting of existing I.T. workstations, printers, scanners, and other mobile devices as well as workstation configuration, equipment placements, and equipment replacements. Assessing priority and triaging by clinical and organizational needs is critical. Supporting other technical support groups both within I.T. and outside of I.T. is required, which includes learning the duties of the Help Desk position to assist in Help Desk support as needed.
- Configuration and installation for Desktops, laptops, thin clients, mobile devices (cell phone, tablet, etc.), mobile carts, printers, scanners, and any other I.T. supported assets not described.
- Hardware support for Desktops, laptops, thin clients, mobile devices (cell phone, tablet, etc.), mobile carts, printers, scanners, and any other IS supported assets not described.
- Preliminary to intermediate troubleshooting for network based issues before advancing issues on to the Systems work group.
- Engage in systems analysis techniques and procedures, as outlined by Systems Team, which will include consulting with customers, determining necessary hardware, software, and/or system functional specifications.
- Software support for Desktops, laptops, thin clients, mobile devices (cell phone, tablet, etc.), mobile carts, printers, scanners, and any other IS supported assets not described.
- Ensures that all corporately used mobile devices, not iOS / Android, are encrypted based on corporate requirements and policies. Supports encrypted devices for staff members as needed. This is to ensure the integrity of our information security at all times.
- Provides service through remote control software for licensed equipment and utilizes alternative remote control solutions as needed for non-organizational assets.
- Works alternative service locations as assigned by I.T. Leadership, based on need and current projects.
Education: Associate's degree in computer science or commensurate experience in information technology support workgroups of 2 or more years or previous experience in a Bowen Center IT Internship program.
Experience / Certificate / License: IT Technician related certifications and accreditations are a strong preference.
Associated topics: customer support, desk, help desk, information technology help desk, information technology support, msword, support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot