Description:The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program is looking for it's next enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer. This individual will
work in a team environment performing software engineering tasks in support of the THAAD System Integration Laboratory (SIL).
The candidate must be able to interact well with peers, leadership, customers, and subcontractors. They must also possess the ability to support technical discussions and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
The candidate must be proficient in software design, development and maintenance. Must be proficient in C++ software language and have working knowledge of Unix operating system in a user capacity.
* Supporting the SIL's Certified Principle Engineers and engineering team.
* Planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities.
* Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to mission problems.
* Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
* Correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
* Ensuring software standards are met.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college.
* US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret .
* Demonstrated proficiency in C++ software language.
* Working knowledge of Unix operating system.
* Proficient in software design, development and maintenance.
* Familiar with real-time software/simulations.
* Working knowledge in contemporary scripting languages such as perl or python.
* Working knowledge of java software language.
* Software debugging skills.
* Data analysis skills.
* Working knowledge of software version control system, preferably IBM Rational (ClearCase, ClearQuest).
* Demonstrated understanding of software development practices.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architect, architecture, c, c/c++, perl, programming, project architect, software architect