The successful candidate must be knowledgeable of and experienced with web and desktop application software design and development environments.
- Provide guidance and structure for creating and maintaining software infrastructure
- Develop, test and deploy code (primarily using MS visual Studio in .NET and C# environment) with an emphasis on both front-end methodologies and server-side programing
- Design and develop web services components for cross-application solutions
- Interact with system designers and provide feedback on design modules
- Perform testing on developed code (initial and regression)
- Coordinate and prioritize application modifications and bug fixes
- Participate and contribute to a team approach to software development and problem solving using Agile/Scrum practices
- Work well as part of a development team including across System and Business Analyst teams as well as other development teams.
- Previous experience as a development lead or significant development team member
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to generate high quality code Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Microsoft .NET, C# and ASP.NET software development experience
- Experience with web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD and REST
- Experience with ORMs (NHibernate/Entity Framework)
- Experience with cross-browser DHTML and HTML5 web design
- Development experience with GIS software tools
- Experience with SQL, RDBMS (preferably SQL Server), and database principles
- Experience with source code management tools (Subversion preferred) Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in Agile Development Methodology, especially Scrum Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Knowledge of configuration management practices
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
- Knowledge of Codebeamer -- Web-based team collaboration and project management tool
- Experience designing for virtual configurations
- Experience in full software development life cycle development (requirements gathering through development and test to maintenance) Experience designing for virtual configurations
- Knowledge/experience working with access control systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, I.T., or similar degree
- 10+years of overall I.T. experience 7+years hands-on experience writing, debugging, testing, and documenting Web Applications
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 ###-#### or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, developer, java, perl, sde, sdet, software developer, software engineer