Web Designer to work within a team for a global e-commerce site. This is a full-time (40 hour per week) staffing (ongoing) assignment, with a potential for conversion to regular hire.
The Web Designer will help to manage a global eCommerce website. Primary duties include laying out and creating web pages within an enterprise Content Management System, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our company brand guidelines. You will be working closely with the web development team to ensure a proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, and web prototyping software, such as Sketch.
Web Designer Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with web team and internal stakeholders.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Following design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding guidelines.
- Working with different content management systems, primarily Adobe Experience Manager and IBM Websphere Commerce.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
Web Designer Requirements:
- A relevant diploma in related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment, using online project management tools such as JIRA, Basecamp or Trello.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 ###-#### or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
Associated topics: asp, css3, d3js, emberjs, html, joomla, jscript, web application, web design, website