Employer is looking for a senior Product leader, who is passionate about creating amazing customer experiences, to lead product management for our portfolio of Lifestyle Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, Perigold, and Joss&Main). This person will be accountable and responsible for crafting the vision, execution, and analysis necessary to delight customers for these brands with world class experiences on our websites and apps.
This a new, unique role for Employer's Product Management team. This person will sit on the store executive team alongside all key functions (marketing, pricing, merchandising, creative) to contribute to the broader store strategy for Employer. As the single, accountable person for the success of the Storefront strategy and roadmap for the Lifestyle Brands, you will be uniquely positioned to help Employer continue to grow well beyond the $10B public company it is today.
As the Director of Product for Lifestyle Brands, you'll be responsible for:
- Building a team of Product Managers to dive deep into each Lifestyle Brand business and customer need set. This is a manager-doer role where you'll build and lead a team of product managers, engineers, analysts, and product designers
- Creating innovative features and functionality that will result in differentiated site experiences that better reflect the brand vision and specific customer problems each brand attempts to solve
- Partnering closely and often with Lifestyle Brand General Managers and their teams to ensure our product strategy is aligned to the most impactful initiatives aimed at solving customer problems
- Evangelizing the Lifestyle Brand portfolio strategy amongst product teams across the organization who will be part of delivering solutions and maintaining parity between Employer and these brands
- Establish regular and transparent communication flows that allow for two-way collaboration between Lifestyle teams and Storefront Product teams
- Work to identify longitudinal customer experience KPIs such as Conversion Rate, Repeat Purchase Rate, Visit Frequency, and many more that show progress against workstream initiatives, communicating progress broadly and often
- Determine resourcing needs for efforts against the LIfestyle roadmaps, the vision to stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- 10+ years Product management experience (including 3+ years B2C/e-commerce product management experience)
- 5+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.